Dry skin is a common problem for many people, and can be caused by factors such as the weather, stress levels, or not drinking enough water. It's important to take care of your skin and maintain it in good condition. We've put together effective and easy dry skin remedies that will help you get back on track with your skin!
Tips for dry skin:
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your body. You need around eight glasses per day! If you have dry skin, try to have a glass of water before every meal.
- Use natural oils such as coconut oil or olive oil on your skin.
- Skin can be dry because there isn't enough moisture, so apply lotion after every shower and whenever your skin feels dry.
- Dry skin can also be caused by medication. If you think this might apply to you, talk to your doctor about changing it or switching to something else.
- Dry skin can be caused by dry heat, so try using a humidifier in your room at night or during the day when you're at home.
- Dry skin can also be caused by too much washing, so try to limit the number of times per day that you wash your face.
- Dry skin can be caused by dry air, so try to moisturize before going outside in dry weather.
Solutions for dry skin problems:
- Try using a sleep mask. This will trap the moisture in your skin overnight, allowing it to repair itself.
- Drink more water, and try to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Make a thick paste of flour and water. Rub this into dry skin and leave it on for around 20 minutes, then wash the mixture off with warm water.
- Mix two parts olive oil with one part salt. Rub this into dry skin and leave it on for around 20 minutes, then wash the mixture off with warm water.
- Wash dry skin with a mixture of lemon juice and water, then dry the solution off using a towel. Repeat every day until dry skin disappears.
- Massage dry skin with petroleum jelly and leave it on for around 20 minutes, then wash the mixture off with warm water.
- Add a bit of honey to your moisturizer, and apply it every day after you dry off from the shower.
Prevention is still better than cure
Regularly applying emollients and moisturizers after bathing helps to prevent dry skin. Avoiding things that cause dryness or irritation, such as:
- Skin scratching
- Excessive air conditioning
- Shaving using a blunt razor or without shaving gel
- Bathing or showering too often
- Rubbing skin too hard when towel drying
- Bathing or showering in water that is too hot
- Using lotions that contain alcohol
- Wearing clothes that rub the skin
- Frequent contact with detergents
- Sitting under direct heat from a heater or fire
- Staying outside in windy conditions without covering the skin
The best way to take care of your skin is by moisturizing it regularly, whether you’re experiencing dryness or not. It’s also important to drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet in order to keep your skin looking and feeling its best. If you have any further questions about how to take care of your skin, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for reading!