When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
The therapist can massage but not over any areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, massage can only take place once it has been approved before your session in writing by your Physician.
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
Not always. In fact, massage can be very therapeutic for many medical conditions. However, in the above cases it is best to have advice from your physician. Massage therapists, unless they are also qualified doctors, may not, under law, attempt to diagnose a condition.
Please shower before your appointment.
Wear loose fit clothing (joggers, legging etc.) + a tank (underarm wax)
We also recommend exfoliating the night before because it removes dead skin build up + makes it a lot easier and a faster session.
DO NOT moisturize prior to your service.