Body Waxing FAQ
Laser Hair Removal FAQ
The most popular areas are female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men.
Laser hair removal is a lunch time procedure. There is no recovery time. Patients can return to work or play immediately. These lasers do not remove skin, so the risks are very low. As with any procedure, we have an informed consent that explains all the possible risks.
There really is no age limit, but we never treat toddlers. Young people that are not finished growing will develop new hair as they grow, and will require touch ups to maintain the results. We currently do not treat children under the age of 13. Older people usually have gray hair that will not respond to laser.
Compared to waxing the treatment has very little discomfort. Everyone's pain tolerance is different, our laser has a cooling tip just to address this problem.
Yes. We researched and found the perfect laser for every one of our clients skin types (excluding blond or gray hair) which is the diode laser it more effective than YAG lasers when it comes to darker skin types. Its longer wavelength safely bypasses the skin and targets the melanin in the hair shaft, destroying the unwanted hair follicle. You will love your results!
All results are individual based do to preparation and the 3 growth cycles. The diode laser has to target the melanin in the hair shaft so don't remove it below the surface by plucking, threading or tweezing. We recommend to start shaving the area but not removing hair from the follicle for at least 1 month before your first treatment.
Facials are a great option for anyone that wants a clear, balanced complexion. They provide deep cleansing with the mixture of professional grade products, technology, and the knowledge of a professional esthetician who understands skin conditions and anatomy. Facials can maintain the health of skin, address and correct certain skin conditions, and improve the overall appearance and texture of your skin.
Facials are available to both men and women of any age and those that need to combat specific skin issues. However, there are some conditions that can prevent the performance of some or all facial services. They include:
- Contagious diseases such as HIV, herpes or hepatitis, pinkeye, or ringworm
- Skin disorders or diseases
- Pregnancy (unless cleared by your physician)
- Skin Irritation
- Allergies to products and ingredients
- Severe, uncontrolled hypertension
- Limited services can be performed (sometimes with medical clearance):
- Electrical contraindications like pacemakers and implants
- Medical Conditions
It is recommended to have a deep cleansing facial at least once a month
Regular facial treatments:
- Deep Cleanse
- Increase Circulation and Detoxifies
- Relaxes the senses, nerves, and muscles
- Stimulates skin functions and metabolism
- Slows premature aging
- Treats conditions such as dryness, oiliness, or redness
- Softens wrinkles and aging lines
- Helps clear up minor blemishes and acne
Extractions are the removal of impurities and impacted pores – specifically, blackheads, whiteheads, milia (hardened “sesame seed” like whiteheads), and sebaceous filaments (pores blocked by oil produced in the skin). Removal of these impactions allows reduced pore size while allowing them to “breathe”.
We will remove any makeup you are wearing prior to your facial. However, if you arrive with no makeup we will have more time to focus on other, more results-driven elements of your facial.
Our estheticians are trained and licensed to properly identify various skin types, conditions, and the proper approach to each. Based on your intake form, consultation, and a thorough skin analysis she will be able to suggest the best approach to reaching your skin care goals.
Chemical peels are a type of exfoliation treatment.
Chemical peels remove dead skin cells resulting in:
- Improved skin texture
- Increased skin cell turnover
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction or removal of dark spots (sun damage and hyperpigmentation)
- Stimulation of elastin and collagen (substances that make your skin firm and toned)
- Smoother softer skin
Chemical peels remove layers of skin which will temporarily make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. As a result, it is necessary to wear at least an SPF 30 for protection and avoid the sun while receiving chemical peel treatments.
Due to chemical peels exfoliating it is not unusual to experience actual flaking and peeling. This will subside within a few days.
To experience the most amazing results from your peel please avoid waxing, depilatory creams or any other exfoliating product or procedure that may cause dryness or irritation for 5 days before. If you want to peel over the weekend we recommend scheduling your appointment on Wednesday.
3 days before your peel please avoid products and/or procedures:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Tretinoin
- Any products containing retinol, AHA or BHA, or benzoyl peroxide
- Any exfoliating products or procedures that may be drying to the area’s to be treated
Chemical peels can be performed in individual treatment or in a series of treatments to see more significant results. Some chemical peels are gentle enough to receive treatments every 2 to 3 weeks while others are safer to receive every 4 to 6 weeks. We will discuss a treatment planned designed specifically for you and your skin care goals.
No. The type of chemical peels performed at HueVine does not result in any downtime.
- Recent cosmetic surgeries, laser resurfacing, chemical peels, or dermabrasion
- Recent injectables, fillers, or Botox
- Allergies or sensitivities to products or ingredients
- Pregnancy (unless medically cleared by your physician)
- Herpes Simplex
- Hyperpigmentation tendencies
- Inflamed rosacea or acne
- Open sores or suspicious lesions
- Sunburned or irritated skin
- Photosensitizing medications (makes skin very sensitive to sun)
- Other contraindicated drugs or medication